To connect to the virtual event/video conferencing platform (VEP) you must have access to a camera, microphone and speakers and allow your browser to access them.
Once you have successfully joined the meeting, you can turn off/toggle your camera feed from within the meeting platform. For most 'managed' meetings, participants' cameras are set to off. However, to connect to the meeting, you must 'allow' access as above.
The following details the instructions to reset permissions for the browsers that are supported by our system. Instructions may vary, however, we recommend the following:
1. Click on the padlock located in your search bar.
2. Select Site settings
3. Select Reset permissions
4. Select Reset
5. Close all Chrome tabs/windows. Refresh your browser and try connecting again.
6. When the new browser opens, click on allow.
1. Click on the padlock located in your search bar and select Clear Cookies and Site Data...
2. Select the correct site from your list and select Remove.
3. Close all Firefox tabs/windows. Refresh your browser and try connecting again.
1. Click on the Safari tab (located at the top left by the Apple icon) and choose Settings For This Website...
2. You will see 'Camera' and 'Microphone' listed. Click on the dropdown beside them and select allow.
3. Refresh your browser and try connecting again.
Resetting browser permissions rectifies connection issues for the majority of cases, however, if you still cannot connect, the other steps provided in this troubleshooting guide may help.